Global Warming 101Uploaded on May 18, 2007
Global warming could do more than just melt polar ice. It could change our maps, and displace people from cities and tropical islands.
Standard YouTube License @ National Geographic
13 Misconceptions About Global WarmingPublished on Sep 22, 2014
Common misconceptions about climate change.
- For CO2, sea levels, Arctic sea ice, Antarctic and Greenland land ice
- Satellite data shows that ground-based stations underestimate recent warming: Cowtan and Way 2014
- For papers published on climate change during the 1970's, see Peterson, 2008
- For solar and temperature data see NASA GISS, PMOD:
- Krivova et al. 2007:
- CO2 ratio of Carbon-13:Carbon-12 decreasing. IPCC AR4:
- CO2 emitted by volcanoes vs by humans: Gerlach, 2011
- Mauna Loa CO2 data:
- Rising atmospheric water vapour: Santer, 2007
- A doubling of CO2 will likely lead to a 3C increase in global temperatures according to many independent pieces of evidence: Knutti & Hegerl, 2008
- Great resource on Milankovitch cycles:
- CO2 lags temperature rise in the southern hemisphere but leads the global average temperature rise, Shakun et al. 2012
Music by Kevin McLeod, Songs: Hidden Agenda, Sneaky Snitch, Harlequin
Standard YouTube License @ Veritasium
Al Gore What Comes After an Inconvenient TruthPublished on Apr 14, 2015
Al Gore presents updated slides from around the globe to make the case that worrying climate trends are even worse than scientists predicted, and to make clear his stance on "clean coal."
Standard YouTube License @ TED
James Hansen: Why I Must Speak Out About Climate ChangePublished on Mar 7, 2012
http://www.ted.com Top climate scientist James Hansen tells the story of his involvement in the science of and debate over global climate change. In doing so he outlines the overwhelming evidence that change is happening and why that makes him deeply worried about the future.
Standard YouTube License @ TED
What Would Happen If Global Warming Sped Up?Published on Nov 6, 2015
A two-degree increase in global temperature may seem insignificant, but it would likely cause a massive impact all over the Earth.
Significant sea-level rise in a two-degree warmer world“Even if global warming is limited to two degrees Celsius, global mean sea level could continue to rise, reaching between 1.5 and four meters above present-day levels by the year 2300, with the best estimate being at 2.7 meters, according to a new study.”
Water availability in +2°C and +4°C worlds “While the parties to the UNFCCC agreed in the December 2009 Copenhagen Accord that a 2°C global warming over pre-industrial levels should be avoided, current commitments on greenhouse gas emissions reductions from these same parties will lead to a 50 : 50 chance of warming greater than 3.5°C.”____________________
DNews is dedicated to satisfying your curiosity and to bringing you mind-bending stories & perspectives you won't find anywhere else! New videos twice daily.
Watch More DNews on TestTube
Standard YouTube License @ DNews
Greenland is Melting Global WarmingPublished on Apr 27, 2015
SSTattler: WARNING - this YouTube is approximate 1 hour but it is a excellent movie...
Amazing Documentary HD:
- Greenland is Melting Global Warming, Science Documentary 2015
Standard YouTube License @ Best Documentary HD
Discovery Channel - Global Warming, What You Need To KnowUploaded on Jan 23, 2012
SSTattler: WARNING - this YouTube is approximate 1 hour 28 minutes but it is a good movie...
with Tom Brokaw
Global warming is the rise in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere and oceans since the late 19th century and its projected continuation. Since the early 20th century, Earth's mean surface temperature has increased by about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F), with about two-thirds of the increase occurring since 1980. Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and scientists are more than 90% certain that it is primarily caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases produced by human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation. These findings are recognized by the national science academies of all major industrialized nations.
- How Global Warming Made Hurricane Sandy Worse
- Last Time Carbon Dioxide Levels Were This High: 15 Million Years Ago, Scientists Report
- Climate Story Of The Year: Extreme Weather From Superstorms To Drought Emerges As Political, Scientific Gamechanger
- Global warming has stopped? Again??
- Visit Climate State for up to date climate coverage
Standard YouTube License @ ClimateState
Nobel Laureate Smashes the Global Warming HoaxPublished on Jul 12, 2015
SSTattler: I disagree Ivar's speech BUT he is the Nobel Laureate and I'm just a coder... :-)
Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever's speech at the Nobel Laureates meeting 1st July 2015. Ivar points out the mistakes which Obama makes in his speeches about global warming, and shares other not-well known facts about the state of the climate.
Copyright is owned by 2015 Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. This is for educational purposes only and is not a commercial use. According to their terms (See end of video) Lindau allow non-commercial sharing and embedding of this video.
Standard YouTube License @ 1000frolly